The Leave Reporting system is used in
conjunction with the Payroll system. It calculates the earned, accrued, taken and
available leave for sick, vacation and personal holiday.
Calculates sick and vacation leave based on different
methods. Choose from the following:
- Accrues total number of hours for this pay period regardless
of the number of hours actually worked by the employee.
- Prorates the hours earned based on the number of hours
actually worked by the employee.
- Accrues the dollar amount of leave earned based on a
percentage of gross wages.
- Instead of accruing the sick leave hours on a monthly basis,
the total sick leave hours for the year are available to the employee on either his
anniversary date or on the first day of the year.
Three different vacation schedules available for
determining hours earned based on length of employment:
- Allows separate schedules for management and staff
- Part-time employees accrue vacation at 1/2 the rate of
- Non-eligible employees do not accrue leave
Variables which are set by the user include the following:
- Number of months of employment before accrual begins.
- Number of months of employment before leave can be taken.
- Number of leave hours which may be taken before they are
- Number of leave hours which may be carried over to the next
- Number of sick leave hours earned per year.
- Number of vacation leave hours earned per year.
- Number of personal leave hours earned per year.
Leave records can be cleared on employee's anniversary date
or on calendar year basis.
The Leave Accrual List prints after the payroll has been
calculated and notifies the operator of errors, such as:
- Insufficient sick leave available
- Not eligible to take sick pay
- Insufficient vacation leave available
- Not eligible to take vacation pay
- Invalid sick method
- Invalid vacation schedule #
- Invalid vacation method
Leave Report may be printed at any time and reflects:
- Actual accrued, earned, taken and available leave
- Accrued vacation reflects the leave earned during the
- Earned vacation reflects the leave earned during the prior
- User determines if the accrued vacation leave is available
to the employee in addition to the earned